TAB 2019’s Catalogue, 11th September 2019, Co-edited by head curator Yael Reisner & producer Maria Peterson.
Graphic Design by StuudioStuudio.ee
The Biennale’s bilingual catalogue, in Estonian and English.
GLIMPSES INTO THE CATALOGUE
5 essays by an interdisciplinary range of contributors
- Graham Harman, American Philosopher, the Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at the SCI Arc, LA – Why architecture and beauty need each other.
- Ron Aharoni, Prof. of Mathematics, Technion, Haifa – Beauty is in the blind spot of the beholder.
- Maria Lee, Poetess, Dramaturge, Tallinn – The struggle for beauty in our mental space.
- Enoch Taylor, PhD candidate and teaching assistant at UCL, focusing on aesthetics, neuroesthetics, philosophy of art, with a focus in the phenomenology of aesthetic experience. an associate of the UCL Laboratory of Neurobiology and the TCNJ Experimental Philosophy Laboratory – Beauty from a Neuroesthetic point of view: notes on architecture.
- Mario Carpo, Prof. of architectural theory and history, UCL – On the post-human charm of chunky beauty.
8 essays by the architects who participated at the curatorial exhibition
- Sou Fujimoto, Tokyo – Open Cave
- Kadri Kerge, Tallinn & NYC – Beauty-Ful(l) Life
- Lara Lesmes & Fredrik Hellberg – Space Popular, London – The Venn room
- Barnaby Gunning & Yael Reisner – Barnaby Gunning Studio, London & Yael Reisner Studio, London – Growing Habitats
- Elena Manferdini – Atelier Manferdini, LA – Wall Flower
- Anne-Laure Cavigneaux & Rodney Eggleston – March Studio, Melbourne – Transoccupation
- Stefan Rutzinger & Kristina Schinneger – soma architecture, Innsbruck – Temporal environment
- Ott Kadarik & Mihkel Tūür – Kadarik Tüür Architects, Tallinn – The utopian tick
HEAD CURATOR YAEL REISNER’S INTRODUCTION:
Architecture and Beauty, a Cultural inquiry into why Beauty Matters
MORE TO COME SOON